The Vinoba Bhave University was established in the year 1992 with it's headquarter at Hazaribag, the Divisional Headquarter
of North Chotanagpur Division of the state of JHARKHAND.
It is situated at a distance of 100 K.M. from Ranchi, the capital of Jharkhand State. Vinoba Bhave University is imparting postgraduate
teaching and research in Physical Science, Life Science, Earth Science, Social Science, Humanities, Commerce,
Technology and Medical Science. Beside, 22 colleges are managed and maintained by the university, including St. Columba’s
College, Hazaribag one of the oldest and well established colleges in Eastern India (Estd. 1899).
Seventy affiliated colleges are also imparting teaching up to undergraduate level in all the above – mentioned subjects and in Law, Education, Homoeopathy and Ayurvedic Medicines. Every Year, 900 B.Tech,4000 graduate in general courses, 550 graduates in
professional and vocational courses and 500 post graduate including M.Tech. Degree are being awarded. Since its inception more than 400 Ph.D. degree have been awarded in all the above-mentioned subjects, including technology. The dynamic faculty of the University has completed the research work of national & international requirement in time.
Established in the year 2009, the University College of Engineering and Technology (UCET) is the only engineering college in
Jharkhand which is directly managed and maintained by the University.
Objectives of the institution
- To provide quality Technical education in the natural and disciplined atmosphere.
- To match the education standards to international level.
- To contribute in the areas on research and development.
- To provide the technical support for the upliftment of nearby industry.
- To develop strong relation with industry.
- To encourage and support the students in entrepreneur quality.
- To provide skilled technical manpower to the emerging sectors.
- To incorporate value added technical system with youth of Jharkhand.
- To improve socio-economic condition of meritorious students (especially SC/ST Students) with a minimum cost.
- To propagate innovative and research aptitude among teachers and the taught.
- To boost moral, professional accountability and competitive imperativeness among all the stakeholders of Technical Education.
- To provide technical training to industrial employees.